We believe that access to healthy, local vegetables is a basic human right. The Just Roots CSA Farm Share is for everyone, regardless of income.
Support your community farm with a Just Roots Farm Share. Your membership provides the farm with the reliable funds it needs to remain a critical resource for Franklin County.
In return, we will grace your table with delicious vegetables grown from our fields, cared for by many hands and delivered to you with joy. We look forward to being in community with you this season.
Our 2017 season starts in mid-June. Read on for details on prices, sizes, and pickup locations, plus more information about our growing practices and our approach to your CSA farm share. If you are an organization looking to provide CSA farm shares for your membership/community, please call us at 413.325.8969.
March 15, 2017 UPDATE: Applications for Reduced Price farm shares are full. New applications will be added to a waiting list. Check out the SNAP + HIP information below to see how full price farm shares may still be affordable when purchased with SNAP.
Click on the “+” signs or titles below to read more
- FULL SHARE: Typically feeds 3-5 people and includes 9 items of your choice each week. It’s also great for an individual or couple of dire veggie lovers, or people who are interested in preserving and putting up food for the long New England winter!
- SMALL SHARE: Typically feeds 1-3 people and includes 6 items of your choice each week. Great for individuals, couples and small families.
- SENIOR SHARE: Typically feeds 1-2 people includes 6 items each week, specifically with our senior members in mind — smaller cabbage heads and pumpkins that won’t require an axe and the brawn of a grandchild to split open.
A standard price that reflects the true cost of growing local, sustainable vegetables is listed below.
If that price feels out of reach, click the REGISTER button above to explore our reduced pricing options and see what the cost of a share is for your household size and income.
All CSA farm shares include free access to our community workshops as well as access to our Pick-Your-Own Garden (PYO) featuring strawberries, peas, cherry tomatoes, hot peppers and more. Come share in the harvest!
Do you SNAP?
Click on the SNAP + HIP toggle below
Members with the Full and Small farm shares, can choose each week to pick up on Tuesdays at our downtown location next to Green Fields Market or on Saturdays at the Greenfield Community Farm.
Pickup Times & Locations
|2-6pm Tuesdays ::||Sears Ave in Greenfield
(next to Green Fields Market)
|9am-1pm Saturdays ::||Greenfield Community Farm
(34 Glenbrook Dr)
However, Senior Share members pick up 2-3pm Fridays only at the Greenfield Senior Center (ground floor of the Weldon House).
All of our pickups are free-choice: This means we set up an abundant market stand and you take home the vegetables you want from our wide selection of freshly picked produce! We will only make restrictions when items are in limited supply to ensure that everyone gets their fair share.
Looking for the Common Wealth CSA? Click the Common Wealth CSA toggle below.
Q: What’s SNAP?
A: The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is federal assistance for food access.
Q: What’s HIP?
A: HIP is the Healthy Incentives Program that started in the spring of 2017, giving rebates for SNAP purchases of fruits and vegetables at farmers’ markets, farm stands, mobile markets and CSA farm shares. Depending on household size, HIP puts back up to $40, $60 or $80 per month on the SNAP/EBT card.
HIP cuts the cost of fresh fruits & vegetables purchased with SNAP!
- Pay for your farm share with SNAP and the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP) will lower the cost $40, $60, or $80 per month (see blue section in chart below).
- Choose Auto-SNAP, automatic payments of your farm share on the day you receive your SNAP dollars each month; convenient for you and great for the farm.
Do you have low income but don’t receive SNAP? Contact Andy Grant for assistance, email@example.com or 413.325.8969.
Here’s how to choose Auto-SNAP for your farm share payment:
- Click on REGISTER to enroll in a farm share. On the second page of the online form, select “REDUCED.” Follow the prompts for the SNAP + HIP option.
- Download the “AUTO-SNAP AGREEMENT”; send the completed paper form to Just Roots. We will forward it to the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA).
GCTV Interview :: “Farm to Everyone’s Table”
More about Auto-SNAP + HIP
We recommend Auto-SNAP to pay for your farm share with your SNAP card. In choosing Auto-SNAP, you will provide your SNAP card number once as you sign up for your share. After that, the cost of your share will automatically be withdrawn from your account each month by the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA). This payment option reduces time at pickup for you, means you don’t have to swipe your card at pickups to pay for your share, automatically qualifies you for the HIP rebate mentioned above and minimizes administrative work for Just Roots. To reserve your share, please complete the Auto-SNAP Agreement in addition to the online sign-up form.
Over the course of the season, expect the variety of your produce to shift. From lettuces, snap peas and strawberries in the spring to carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and melons in the summer and finally broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potatoes in fall, you’ll see changes of the seasons on your kitchen table. See our harvest calendar for our complete list of expected vegetable diversity.
In addition to vegetables, you’ll receive a weekly newsletter, recipes, free admission to Just Roots community workshops, cooking demos and and other pickup day activities!