SOUP FOR SALE :: Just Soup is available now, with limited quantities in stock – get it while it lasts, $6/quart.
For those who participated in our Soup CSA last year or have enjoyed our soup this season, we’re sorry to say we’ll be taking a soup production hiatus this winter as we more deeply explore that part of our operation so be sure to stock up now in preparation for the upcoming months! Our available varieties are listed below. While we enjoy our recipes straight out of the quarts, we’ve included some suggested garnishes for those interested in spicing them up or getting fancy!
- Carrot Ginger :: A brilliantly orange, smooth carrot soup with an invigorating ginger kick that only tender, young, farm-fresh ginger root can provide. Try with crushed toasted cashews or fresh cilantro.
- Butternut Apple Curry :: This curried butternut squash and apple blend leaves a peppery heat on the palette, perfectly balanced with a splash of honey. Try with toasted pumpkin seeds or a dollop of goat cheese.
- Tuscan Bean :: Our overwhelming crowd favorite, this rosemary-tomato-based soup features cannelli beans, orzo pasta and a cornucopia of vegetables cooked to perfection. Try with red pepper flakes or a dash of pepper-infused oil.
- Tomato Corn Bean :: The greatest crowd-pleaser amongst our young soup eaters out there, this soup features a hearty tomato base and is chock-full of its namesake vegetables. Try with yogurt, brown rice or shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Asparagus Leek :: The underdog soup that notoriously wins people’s hearts after a single spoonful, this soup allows that ephemeral spring flavor to find its way back to our tables to stay. Try with toasted sunflower seeds or pecorino cheese.
Reserve your nourishing quarts of Just Soup by emailing Rochelle or calling us at 413.325.8969.
Our Soup Story: Your Local Farm Share in a Bowl
Since shortly after the founding of Just Roots, we struggled with how to achieve the concept of offering a year-round CSA farm share in a box. The answer finally came to us and it was simple and inclusive: Just Soup. Soup is a universal and democratic food. Soup is a vessel for local food in the off season. Soup is a food that…
…when made right, is a health food; our recipes are vegetarian and mostly gluten free;
…can be eaten by young and old;
…does not call for a full kitchen or even a stove;
…requires no cooking skills/know-how;
…reflects diverse cultures with the addition of a few herbs and/or spices.
Just Soup is made with local produce, by folks right here in Greenfield, Massachusetts, at the Franklin County Food Processing Center. We taste-tested ten original recipes with over 800 local people in our community. We narrowed based on our community input, we tweaked the final recipes and the results are delicious! The Just Soup line is being offered in wholesale, retail and through the Just Soup CSA winter share.