Get involved at the Greenfield Community Farm!
We are now accepting sign-ups for farm visits. Classes, community groups, work parties, and volunteers of all ages – we have a place for you!
Click the bold headlines below to expand the section and learn more.
What is a Farm Visit? Each farm visit includes a farm tour with one of our farmers and a work project. Common farm work projects include weeding, transplanting, sowing seeds, harvesting, spreading mulch and compost, removing rocks from the field, and more. Specific farm work project availability varies depending on the season, the size and age range of the visiting group, and the needs of the farm. If your group or class has a particular focus in mind for your trip, please let us know in advance, and we will do our best to accommodate.
When: We can host groups for farm visits May-October on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-4pm. If you would like to schedule a visit at another time, let us know and we will try to accommodate your request.
Farm Visit Fee: sliding scale $1-10 per participant. The fee for farm visits enables us to continue providing these experiences to everyone that wants to come out to the farm. Participants that are able to pay the higher end of our sliding scale will enable us to create more opportunities for schools and organizations that cannot pay. Payments for field trips may be made in advance or on the day of your visit. Please consider what your group is able to offer. We are committed to full access — no one is turned away for lack of funds.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking :: Visitor parking lot is located through the gate on the 2nd right (past staff parking). If you’re driving past the greenhouses, you’ve gone too far.
- Restroom :: a wheelchair accessible porta-potty is located next to the garden shed in the Community Gardens
- Drinking water :: please bring a full water bottle
- Trash/recycling :: Carry in, carry out. Please take everything with you that you brought, including your trash.
- Be comfortable :: Bring necessary personal items such as comfortable shoes/boots, rain gear, work gloves, bug repellant, hats, sunscreen, etc.